Friday, December 23, 2011

Rosemary Christmas Wreath


Fresh from your own garden!

Fabulous smell and looks beautiful.

Frugal because I didn’t spend a dime!

I know I should have tried harder to post this sooner, but better late than never!

I’ve never done this before, but I got it in my head that I could make a wreath for the holiday season…and low and behold, here it is!

My yard is filled with rosemary bushes, which are extremely hardy by the way for those of you with a NOT SO GREEN THUMB. When you let the rosemary grow on its own without cutting it back too much, it will eventually bloom tiny blue flowers…very cute! But I digress. Anyway, I gathered rosemary branches from my garden, tied them together with garden wire that I already had lying around, and then bent it into a circle. My five-year-old son, contributed by picking lavender, white miniature roses, and red Japanese maple leaves from our garden that we inserted, into the wreath.

Walla!

100% organic wreath that smells AWESOME!

Anyone can do this…believe me!!! Add whatever you want from your own garden. I’m sure it will be beautiful. A dear friend of mine told me that ART is never wrong. Go create your own organic art…it could be a great gift for a friend or a beautiful decoration for your house.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

i'm just saying...... said...

Beauuutful and they smell so good! Wonderful idea and execution!

3F's said...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked your gift! My baby had a good time helping to make it.